Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Laced with Love: Real Housewife of Orange County

No one tells you how BUSY it is after you get married! Maybe it's not the case for many of you out there, but for me, things are finally beginning to slow down.  Well, sort of. Summer vacation ends this week and I'm heading back to get my classroom ready for my next group of students. I've been busy doing all the moving I didn't do before the wedding from my place to Mr. Lace's...I mean, our place. I never really understood the whole nesting thing before getting married, but now I do.  There's a bird family that's made their nest on a tall bush by our garage and Mr. Lace and I go out to check on them everyday to see what they're up to. They're pulling branches, twigs, leaves to make their nest a comfortable place to lay eggs and raise their babies. No babies in sight, here, but I at least understand an innate desire to make our place homey and comfortable. 

So, I've been doing a lot of shopping, cooking, cleaning and decorating.  When I go to Target at 10 a.m., I'm rolling with all the other housewives of Orange County. It's pretty nice to have the freedom to do whatever I want during the day, but it's all going to come to a screeching halt once school is back in session. 

I've been working on all my name change stuff which I'll post about later, but I just wanted to drop back in and say hello!  Next up, the honeymoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment