Saturday, March 5, 2011

Wedding Withdrawal

It's been just short of 9 months since the wedding and I have a bad case of wedding withdrawal. I reluctantly began selling all of my wedding stuff on Weddingbee classifieds, but I refused to unsubscribe from my wedding blogs and still shamelessly read them even though I am no longer planning a wedding.    I still often look through my wedding photos, album and engagement photos so I can remember my wedding day.

It's funny - the rollercoaster of emotions that come from wedding planning. At first you are ridiculously excited, then completely overwhelmed, then determined to finish all your planning, then resigned to the fact that you may not finish every DIY project you wanted to do, then nervous as the day approaches, then stressed the week of as you hammer out the last details, then unbelievably happy on the day of the wedding, then relieved as you close the books on that big wedding day you've been planning for x amount of months (or years).

You go on your honeymoon and think, "Phew! I'm so glad I'm done wedding planning!"Then, if you're at all like me, you slowly....incredulously...begin...to miss wedding planning! Yes, it's true! I miss wedding planning and getting every detail JUST right.  I miss drowning in piles of paper and ribbon as I complete DIY projects. I miss looking through my day of schedule to make sure EVERYTHING is accounted for...okay, no I don't miss that part.

So, I find myself in wedding withdrawal and I kind of can't believe I feel this way because I was SO glad the wedding was done with 9 months ago. Any brides out there anxious to finish wedding planning? Any married brides out there that are so glad the wedding planning is over? Any (somewhate crazy) married brides like me that want to plan another wedding? :)



Missed something?

1 comment:

  1. You know, there's a fantastic market for wedding planners! ;) I can't even imagine how I will cope when that day comes, but I DO know that I'll have your blog for great ideas!

    ReplyDelete