Tuesday, March 8, 2011

When the Fat Lady Sings

I've been dreading writing this post. You can probably tell from my sporadic blogging, I'm trying desperately to hold on, but it's time to let go. About two years ago, when I began planning my wedding, I typed these fateful words into my Google search bar -- "wedding blog." I was hoping to get a few ideas here and there, some inspiration and nab a few great wedding vendors.  Little did I know, clicking on that catchy title "Weddingbee" would spark a nearly two year obsession.  I applied to be a Bee not really thinking I'd be accepted.  I think that's how most Bee bloggers feel when they submit their application to Weddingbee. Who'd want to read MY writing? What great ideas do I have? But Weddingbee is about much more than just getting good ideas. It's a community. 

Oh hive, you listened to me gripe, worry, stress and celebrate. My DIY projects, my indecision, my (not-so-helpful) tips. How can I leave you?! If you read my last post, you know that I'm still addicted to the wedding world and I don't want to let go, but every season must end before a new one begins. 

I'll drop in here and there to say hello and see what you're all up to, but it's time for me to move onto a new season of my life. I'm a teacher facing layoff, a budding entrepreneur, a wife making a home with her husband. If you care to keep in touch, you can be following me at www.when-love-happens.blogspot.com.

Thank you for walking alongside me in my wedding planning journey. I'll miss you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I know this is from a while back, but I was wondering if you still have the writing prompts that you used for your weddings photobooth? If you did, I was wondering if you'd be able to email them? I thought it was a really great idea, but I'm having a hard time thinking of things to ask people. If you can, my email is melissa.bracco@gmail.com

    Thank You,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete