Thursday, November 25, 2010

Laced with Love: The Bridal Party

Hope you all enjoyed your holiday this week! I am stuffed full of prime rib and hot pot...our typical Chinese-American Thanksgiving. It was our first Thanksgiving together as a married couple even though it didn't feel all that different since Mr. Lace has been spending Thanksgiving with my family for the past couple of years anyway. More on holiday adjusting later...

Anyway, here we are -- the bridal party. All photos are courtesy of Hanssie Trainor

Mr. Lace's groomsmen are his oldest and dearest friends and family.  His cousin, far left, flew out from Texas to be in the wedding.  I had the chance to befriend Cousin Lace in college while he was stationed there before Mr. Lace and I ever became a couple.  His other four friends are his childhood friends and the group still gathers together regularly to play video games (what else right?). 

My bridesmaids are a mash up from different parts of my life. On the far left, BM V and I met in 5th grade at a church activity at her house. We were instant friends and wrote letters and hung out all through our school years. BM J's big brother and my brother are best friends. We always say that we were predestined to be friends. We met in 6th grade, but didn't become close friends until we were in high school.  BM M was the one who introduced me to Mr. Lace and is one of my dearest friends from college.  She and I lived together for our last two years in college.  MOH C is also a dear friend from college. We met our freshman year and did a lot of nerdy things like puffy paint Easter eggs for all of our friends and tie up all the supermarket bags to conserve space.  BM K also doubles as my sister-in-law!  We got along from the moment my brother brought her home and now that I'm married...we're neighbors!
A quick side note about what the girls are wearing. I told the girls they could wear whatever shoes they wanted to wear. My only requirement for their jewelry was that it made a statement.  I made the hair flowers and their cute, rewearable dresses were $50 from Anthropologie.  WHAT?! A $50 dress from Anthropologie? Impossible. The dress was originally $198.  I wrote it off and started looking at other dresses, but then it went on sale....to $49.99.  The rest is history. :)

Here are a couple of everyone together in front of this ridiculously tall statue outside the OCPAC.



And a few of me because I'm apparently very vain.


Here's one last set of funny photos.  So, the flowergirls and I were trying to snap a photo. The flowergirls are Mr. Lace's cousins two daughters (our unofficial nieces?).  I found their dresses at Marshalls for $25. I made the hair flowers for the girls.


So, our photog snapped a photo of Ringbearer R standing there feeling a bit left out. R is my nephew.

But he quickly moved from sad to angry for being left out! I also am falling over in this because one of the flower girls leaned too far into me.

We had a lot of fun with our bridal party.  They were awesome. They were there when they were supposed to be there and so incredibly helpful to us. My BM's were also magically there to help me every time I had to go use the restroom. I hope I left you a nice visual image there. :) Till next time!

Missed something?



No comments:

Post a Comment