Monday, November 1, 2010

Laced with Love: The Ceremony Music

Sorry for the hiatus.  Life has been busy and I have struggled to find a nice block of time to sit down and blog.  I am stealing time away from something right now so I can tell you all about our wedding ceremony.

Mr. Lace and I actually put a lot of thought into each aspect of our wedding ceremony.  It took us several months to choose the songs involved in our ceremony.  We spent an entire day on our ceremony schedule. Most importantly, hours upon excruciating hours writing personal vows.

Let's focus today, on music.

We hired a great DJ named Eugene Ng through Zuno Productions.  He met with us several times to find out about our musical tastes, to get a feel for our wedding guest crowd and answered all my e-mails in a timely fashion. I was really annoying because our wedding site didn't have ANY sound equipment so I'd e-mail him once to see if he had 2 microphones for my wedding musicians and pastor, another time to find out if he had music stands, another time to see if he could be in charge of our slideshow and about a billion times in between.

With our DJ in place, Mr. Lace and I sat down on Saturday to choose all of music from the processional to the bouquet toss.  We were determined to choose it all in one day.  After all, there were plenty of times, pre-engagement, that we'd hear a song and think, "That'd be a good song for our wedding."  Alas, neither one of us made mental notes or wrote the titles down.  We thought it'd be easy between our two iTunes libraries, YouTube and our old cd collections to nail down a handful of songs.

WRONG. After a very tiring day of listening to song after song, we came up empty. Songs we thought would be perfect ended up being too fast, too slow or had an inappropriate lyric in one place or another.  What we thought would be a one day job, we ended up spending MONTHS on.

What did we end up? Let me share some of our song selections with you.

Mr. Lace and I really like Ocean's Eleven and it doesn't hurt that the whole movie is set in Vegas, one of our favorite quick trip spots.  So, Mr. Lace and the groomsmen walked into the ceremony to Claire de Lune.  We opted for a piano version we found on iTunes.





The other song I'll share with you is the one I walked down the aisle (well, stairs actually) to.  Did you ever come to some part of your wedding planning and you just found "it."  You didn't have to decide, you just knew. Well that was this song for me. As soon as I heard it, I knew it was the song I'd walk down to.  I'll be honest and tell you that when I decided on this song, I swore I'd never share it with anyone.  I didn't want to share my good find with anyone. I know, so selfish.  But now, four months out from my wedding, I'm finally ready to let go and share this beautiful song called "River Flows in You" by Yiruma with you.



I was considering "Bella's Lullaby" by Carter Burwell, but parts of it were just too eerie for a wedding.  But during my search, I found this song which was incorrectly called Bella's Lullaby and fell in love. I love happy accidents!

What songs are you walking to? Were there any decisions that you didn't have to think about in your wedding planning process?

No comments:

Post a Comment