Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Laced with Love: The Main Event

We put a lot of time and energy into planning our wedding, but we knew that the most important part for us was our wedding ceremony.  Hive, it's time to share the most important part of our wedding day with you.  Since this post was kind of picture heavy, I took some of the photos and put them together as little collages so you wouldn't have to scroll through fifty pictures. Now you only have to scroll through forty. Just kiddin'.

All photos are courtesy of the wonderful Hanssie Trainor.

 My husband-to-be walking in with the pastor and groomsmen.

The kids and bridesmaids lines up and ready to go.

My Dad and I walking down the "aisle."  And by aisle, I mean flight of stairs. At rehearsal, the BM's and I spent a long time practicing walking down the stairs to find a balance between looking up and avoiding a face plant.

On a side note, if you can, please get a second shooter.  Without a second shooter, you only have one perspective.



 Here are a couple to give you an idea of what the Orange County Performing Arts Center looks like.
It's really hard to fully capture the beauty of this place. You have to just be there!


In his introduction, the pastor said, "aren't we excited for Mr. and Miss Lace?" As the audience cheered, our groomsmen whipped out their kazoos and noise makers. I love the BM's reactions.



We had a Christian ceremony so we chose to have our friend Mike play a few worship songs for us.


We chose to do both traditional and personal vows. Mr. Lace liked it and he put a ring on it.


Because we don't need a photo of Mr. Lace and I smooching, here's one right after we kissed.


Mr. Lace is ready to walk back down that aisle.


The photo on the far right is framed in our bedroom. I don't know if you can tell, but I have an ECSTATIC smile on my face in the photo on the top left.  I wasn't smiling because I was relieved it was over.  I'm sure part of it was because I was happy, but I know for sure that part of it was because up until this point, I had not even thought about our guests.  Our ceremony was truly ours. We shared in each moment together and were vaguely aware of the people around us.  When we started walking down the aisle it was like, "Oh hey! You're here! I'm so glad to see you!"  Sounds kinda mean, but I'm just being honest. I was concentrating on getting married and trying to remember every detail of what we were saying to each other.

My next post will likely be about our initially dreadful, but later wonderful personal vows. Stay tuned!

We had awesome music.We took photos.
Mr. Lace and I get a peep of each other.
I get all dolled up.
We go to the happiest place on Earth.
I become a real housewife of Orange County.




No comments:

Post a Comment