Sunday, January 16, 2011

Laced with Love: The Toasts

....*blush* sorry.... I know, it's been a long time. Between the holiday program at our school, the holiday season, SIL Lace getting married and starting up my Etsy shop, I haven't had time to sit down and blog!  But, thank goodness for a chance to breathe with the MLK holiday!

So, let's see, where did we leave off? Oh yes, the wedding reception! We had planned to have the traditional best man and maid of honor speeches, but my brother asked if he could give a toast when I told him I was engaged and of course, I said yes. Then, bridesmaid M, who introduced Mr. Lace and I way back in 2000, surprised us with toasts.

So, here are a few snippets -- the laughs, the tears and everything in between! All photos courtesy of Hanssie Trainor.




This was before all the crying started!



Look carefully in MOH C's hand. TWO pages of notes and she said that she didn't really know what she was going to say. :) She did great though and managed to make me cry.



Bridesmaid M also has a typed page of notes and made me cry.


Look at how prepared all of our toasters were.  Brother Lace also has a page of notes. Here, he's reading a thank you note I wrote to him for buying me a souvenir from his trip to Florida. Can you see the Keroppi sticker on the letter? I used my best stickers for people I love.


I don't know why, but when I cry and need a tissue, I usually fold my tissue into increasingly small triangles or rectangles. I don't know why crying makes me start breaking out into origami.


About to burst at the seams from my brother's speech!


I think the crying part of the wedding was finally over.


Even though the toasts ended up taking a lot longer than we had planned for, it was worth it in the end to have some of our closest family and friends speak to us on our wedding day!

Are you having toasts on your wedding day? Are there any additional toasts besides the best man and maid of honor speaking?


Missed something?

No comments:

Post a Comment