Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Laced with Love: Two Traditional Surprises

My title is a bit of an oxymoron, I know. How can something be a surprise, yet a regular tradition? Well, let me explain.

Surprise #1: Mr. Lace's family always does a family dance for the bride and groom.  We've done 80's songs, 90's songs and more recently "Grease!" So, Mr. Lace and I knew they'd plan a dance for us, but we just didn't know what songs they'd be dancing to. We were so lucky because we've had the longest, most complicated dance thus far! All photos courtesy of Hanssie Trainor.


Put your hands up!


If you liked then you shoulda put a ring on it, if you liked then you shoulda put a ring on it...


Cotton candy, sweet and low, let me see that tootsie roll!


Surprise #2:  My friends always do a little entertaining skit or speech for whoever is getting married.  So, my friends put together this little video for Mr. Lace and I.  First, photos of our reactions (complete with ugly face -- you know, when you laugh too hard and your face gets all screwed up?) and then the video!




A few things I should preface before you see this video:
1. When my friends first met Mr. Lace they thought he was kind of a tough guy.
2. I've always been a "nice" girl.
3. Mr. Lace and I really like Popeye's chicken.

Okay...action!


Do your family or friends have any wedding traditions or surprises in store for your wedding day?


Missed something?

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I love those traditions! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too funny! What a great way to get a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete