Tuesday, February 16, 2010

In Love with More Than One

I already bought my wedding dress. I went to six shops within two weeks and found a dress I really loved. I didn't have that "a-ha moment" where I just knew I had found the dress of my dreams. I seldom shop like that. I usually find several things I love and then have to choose between them and I did the same when it came to my wedding dress. I was on a pretty strict budget. While several of my friends were spending up to $5,000 on their dresses, I had budgeted $1,000....including alterations. You can imagine how that really limited my choices.  But, I'm a deal finder and I just knew I could find a dress I loved within my budget. 

At the end of those two weeks, I found the dress (sorry kids, you're going to have to wait for the wedding photos before I post my dress on the Internet for the world to see). It came in under budget too.  

However, since then, I've been watching Say Yes to the Dress, reading blogs and seeing gorgeous dresses. I'm not unhappy about my dress. Quite the opposite, in fact. I can't wait to wear it.  BUT, I want another dress. Can't I wear two? Heck, three? People change during the reception right? I know, it's generally into something completely different like a shorter, more comfortable dress or a traditional cultural dress (which I'm totally not doing. I spent the most money I've ever spent on one item of clothing. I'm not about to wear it for only one hour of my life).  

I'm just being greedy, but indulge me.  If I could wear a second dress, these would be a few of my options.
















I guess I can say I love my dress MORE since I chose it over these other options, but I love these too. What can I say? I'm a floozy. Did you fall in love with more than one dress?

No comments:

Post a Comment