Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Letting Go

With only 45 days till the wedding, we have a lot going on:

1.  Mr. Lace started a new job.
2. I'm wrapping up the school year which means prepping for Open House, report cards and packing up my classroom.
3. I'm still waiting to hear about my pink slip and trying to figure out how we're going pay the bills and for the house if I do end up getting laid off.

We're in pretty good shape, but we still have a lot of things to take care of and it's getting to the point where I have to just let go.  I'm generally a pretty controlling person and when it comes to these DIY projects, I KNEW I could do them if I just had enough time.  However, regardless of my DIY abilities, time is NOT on my side.  I had a few more projects lined up that I would've loved to do.  However, I had to drop a couple of DIY's that I realized that I wouldn't have enough time or energy to complete...

...like these DIY straw flags...let go.



This pretty baby's breath garland for decor...let go.


These adorable tea lanterns...let go.





So, I'm officially letting go. I still have three projects to complete and THAT'S IT.  I told my friend this earlier this evening and her response, "yeah right!"  I'll try my best to stick to my guns and not stress myself out.

Another thing I'm letting go of? The slideshow...but in a different way.  As I was thinking about the slideshow, I realized that I didn't really know how to put one together and neither did Mr. Lace.  We knew we could figure it out, but it would take a lot of playing around.  Then, it came to me!  It's time to let go!  I approached my brother and asked if he'd be willing to do the slideshow for us if we gave him our pictures and music.  Thankfully, he agreed. This past weekend, we gave him all of our photos and music on a flash drive and I let go (in more ways than one!).  I felt so relieved that that was done, for us at least.

Are there any projects or ideas you had to let go of? Was it difficult or easy?

No comments:

Post a Comment