Monday, May 31, 2010

A Lacey Shower

Okay, so now that Open House is over and I at least opened up report cards and started inputting SOMETHING, the craziness at work is winding down and I can now catch you up on wedding planning.

But first...my bridal shower.  Waaaaay back when, my MOH asked me to create a guest list and nail down some possible dates and that was pretty much the last I heard about my shower.  May 22 rolled around and I knew to be at BM V's house by 11 a.m.  I arrived and to my delight, I found my self in a DIY shower!  How stinkin' rad is that?! 

So, first, and most importantly, we ate.  I'm not entirely sure who made what, but we had Hawaiian food - korean style ribs, cabbage salad, spam musubi, bacon fried rice and somen salad.  I had to refrain from getting seconds (and thirds and fourths...).






Hmm..how many spam musubis can I take without looking like a pig?

Next, we played two games. Look at how much fun we're having.  The game was "Name That Body Part." Haha, I know what you're thinking, but we don't roll like that. Pictures were taken of Mr. Lace's body parts like his elbow, knee, hand, eyebrow, etc.  Similar photos were taken of some of our male friends.  They were mixed up and we watched a Powerpoint presentation where we had to choose which body part was Mr. Lace's.  






After that, it was time to move onto the DIY stations. There were three stations.


1. Do-it-yourself cupcakes
There were two kinds of cupcakes, three kinds of icing and several types of toppings included maple bacon (I heart bacon). 





The real Miss Lace.

2. Scrapbook Station
I enjoy making scrapbooks, but they are always for other people.  Today, everyone made a page for ME!  This must be the best kind of scrapbook ever!


Look at all my busy bees making a craft for me!

3. Do-it-yourself truffles
The BM's and DOC N made truffles from scratch and provided toppings for everyone to roll their own delicious chocolates.

One box is pictured here. I made four. :)

At the very end, I opened gifts and BM/SIL K made a ribbon bouquet for me.


Four of five of my BM's. 

Aunt Lace, me and Momma Lace

It was such fun and a very blessed time with some of my close girlfriends.  My BM's designed a shower that was very ME - low key, fun and filled with good food.   It was filled with personal touches which meant so much to me. It was the best shower I ever went to (and it happen to be mine).

How was your shower? Have you ever attended a really fun shower?

No comments:

Post a Comment