Tuesday, June 1, 2010

With a few weeks left until the wedding, I was still crazy enough to tackle a DIY project.  I didn't want to have a traditional guest book because I knew that I, personally, would never look at that again.  I either want something sentimental, something that can be displayed or something that's useful.  There are tons of good ideas, but I really liked the idea of the address book box and what better time to start one than when all your closest friends and family are gathered in one place?

On kraft paper, I printed the alphabet using our wedding stationery font and then used my handy dandy 1" circle punch and punched them all out. 

I made cards to put basic information on and put different wingdings at the top.

I cut cardstock to the size of the box and attached the letters.

Then I stuck it all in the box.

This had to be my easiest DIY project for the wedding because it used very few materials and very little time! So, I plan to have the three types of cards out on the table. Guests will use pen to fill out the info and then file it by last name in the box.  I won't be super anal about how they're filed because knowing me, I'll go through it after the wedding to alphabetize by first and last name.  Yes, I am aware that I make life more difficult for myself. :)

What was your easiest DIY? 

No comments:

Post a Comment