Tuesday, June 8, 2010

RSVP's Make Me Smile

RSVP's can be a source of stress as many of the other bees have shared.  On the one hand, you have your best friend who drove to your house as soon as she got her RSVP to give you her response and ask, "Am I the first person to RSVP?!"  to the one who holds onto the card for what seems like years.  When you ask them if they're coming they say, "Oh. Is RSVP card due already?" (Yes, it was due two months ago)  So I've compiled a list of reasons why the RSVP process sucks.

RSVP WOES

  • the uninvited plus one 
  • the one without a name
  • the late one
  • the one who doesn't mark their meal choice
  • the very late one
  • the yes, then no
  • the no, then yes
  • the very, very late one
  • the one you have to tactfully call so that you don't end up in an hour long conversation (you have planning to do after all!)


But, I'm on the other side now.  I received my very last RSVP and it made me smile.  As I typed their response into my guest list spreadsheet, I felt a sense of relief. It's DONE. Everyone who is coming is on there. I know their names. I know their meal choice. I know the name of their unborn children. Okay, maybe not, but I know enough for the wedding.

So, if you are collecting RSVP's, take heart, there's light at the end of the tunnel!

What's your best or worst RSVP story?

No comments:

Post a Comment