Monday, June 21, 2010

I'm So Excited...I'm So Scared!

Any Saved By the Bell Fans here? Remember when Jesse Spano was taking caffeine pills because she was so stressed and how so much to do?  Then at the end, she pretty much flipped out and sang, "I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm so scared!"  I'm not flipping out, but I do understand the mix of feelings she had!

Last night, as I was lying in bed reflecting upon the day, I felt weird.  Happy yet nervous. Excited yet scared.  I couldn't feel TRULY happy and excited because it was mingled with a ton of other emotions.  I think a lot of people only emphasize the stress that brides feel the week of their wedding, maybe some of the giddy excitement of getting married too, but the main picture is of a frazzled bride who has more things to do than is humanly possible in the week leading up the the wedding. 

While I do feel a bit of stress (writing vows, last minute family requests, last minute additions from out of nowhere, changes to the schedule, etc.), Mr. Lace and I are in pretty good shape.  But the other emotions I'm feeling are much stronger. Maybe you can relate (or you will when you get closer to the wedding).

1. Happy - like overjoyed happy whenever I see Mr. Lace because in a few short days we'll begin a new chapter in our lives together AND we're going to Disneyworld!  Many of our family and friends are beginning to come into town and I'm happy seeing and spending time with them.  Oh and happy that the wedding day is almost here and I can finally put down my scissors and glue. 

2. Nervous - I don't really like having a ton of attention on me.  I won't faint or keel over (knock on wood), but I will be all awkward and not know how to receive the attention.  A nervous smile? Fidgeting with my hands? My mean looking resting face? I'm nervous about making such a huge commitment (no, not scared, just nervous).  

3. Worried - No, not about how the wedding will go. I'm worried about having enough energy to say hi to everyone and spend the entire day smiling (will my cheeks hurt?). I've become an introvert as I've gotten older and although I love spending time with people, I get tired more easily with people, namely large groups.  I do better in small groups and I always enjoy retreating back home to have some time for myself.   I'm worried though because I don't want to come across tired or unhappy to see my guests. When else will I have all my closest family and friends in one room?

I'm whirring with emotions, but it usually mainly goes back to a light-headed excitement as I get ready to marry Mr. Lace!  How have you been feeling in the wedding planning process?

No comments:

Post a Comment