Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Finals

As I sit here, watching the Lakers/Celtics game, I am thinking about the anticipation as I followed the Lakers through the season, watching their hard work culminate in entering the NBA Finals.  Putting all rivalries aside, these two teams must have been so happy to make it to the finals and the days and hours leading up to each game must be so exciting.

So, why is it, when I'm in the final days leading up to the wedding, I am hardly excited? When people ask how many days it is before the wedding and I give them the countdown, a fresh wave of adrenaline and stress runs through my body.  I am super excited about getting married and going to Disneyworld, but no one prepares you for the stress level that comes with the final weeks leading up to the wedding!

Think about it.  All those things you thought, "oh, we can do that closer to the wedding. It's too early to start that." Or, all those times you half finished a project. Or, those times you put off a decision because you didn't feel like making it or felt indecisive.  Well, it all comes back and bites you in the butt.

My to-do list, though long, is no longer growing. I am very happy about that.  I have a finite number of things that I have left to do and I refuse to add any more to it.  It's already an ungodly amount of things to do in 18 days.

And the stress? Well, that I have very little control over, but I've been doing some things to help me through it.

1. I've been going to sleep at 10 p.m. every night.  On a good night, I'll sleep at 9 p.m. I LOVE sleeping, so this isn't difficult for me to do.

2. I've been making healthy indulgences so that my tummy is happy, but my butt will still fit into my dress.  5 M&M's while I work on the schedule, a small Jamba Juice as my midday snack, stopping off at my favorite shop after running wedding errands to look around.

3. Being productive.  When I need to accomplish something, I turn off other distractions.  No TV. I work faster and more accurately when I don't have distractions.  Well, obviously, now is not one of those times since the Finals are on. I guess you have to make exceptions once in awhile.

Where are you in your planning process? Any tips for brides who are fast approaching their wedding day?

No comments:

Post a Comment