Monday, June 21, 2010

Find Your Soundtrack

No, not for your wedding, not for your first dance or grand entrance. Find your soundtrack. Make your playlist.  Find some music that calms and soothes you because you're going to need it.

I told you previously that I wasn't stressed. I had worked so hard so that there'd be very little left to do during this last week of the wedding.  I had maybe 5 things I needed to do this week - two meetings, write vows, pack for the honeymoon and get a manicure and pedicure.  Since yesterday, five more things have popped up, all pressing and needing to be done NOW.  So, today I worked on getting those 5 things done and now I still have my original five things to do and one less day to do them.  

I tried my best to not be outwardly annoyed. I vented to some of my BM's and then turned on my soundtrack.  Luckily, I randomly created this playlist a long time ago to play while I write and journal.  It's entitled, "Mellow Out Miss Lace."  I turned this on as I prepared to do some packing and write vows (not at the same time of course) and I instantly felt my shoulders unbury themselves from my ears.  Ahhhh...music. So soothing and healing to the soul!

What's on my playlist? We have some Coldplay, a lot of Jack Johnson, Lifehouse, John Mayer, Lauryn Hill, Snow Patrol and many many more. My favorites on here are "Tell Him" by Lauryn Hill, " "Monsoon" by Jack Johnson, "Amber" by 311, "Such Great Heights" by Iron and Wine and "Let Go" by Frou Frou (to pump me up, but in a mellow manner). 

Up next? A nice hot shower to relax my shoulders and then time to buckle down!


What's on your playlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment