Monday, June 14, 2010

Why Is It...

Why is it that 12 days out from my wedding....

-family tragedies and woes occur?
-I get the hiccups randomly throughout the day?
-I keep walking into things and become covered in bruises?
-I break out?
-I am getting tension headaches (okay, I guess I know the answer to this one)?


This is a tough case of Murphy's Law! Let me count the ways!

1. My grandpa went into the hospital last week and two days later, passed away.  His funeral will be the weekend before my wedding.  Unfortunately, because of Chinese traditions, I'm not supposed to attend his funeral because it's so close to my wedding. Instead, I'm supposed to wait 100 days after my wedding to make a visit to Northern California to pay my respects.  My Dad's entire side who will have to travel from Northern California to the wedding is in a planning frenzy as they prepare for the funeral.

2. I haven't gotten hiccups in months, maybe even years!  However, I came down with a bad case of hiccups...you know, the really loud ones that make your entire abdomen and head move? The kind that make you feel like you might yak? Well, after an hour or so, they went away, but then came back 4 or 5 times throughout the day.  Right when I was least expecting it, they'd return!  It's been like that for a few days now!  I'm hoping they go away in time for the wedding so I don't hiccup through my vows (I, Miss Lace, *hiccup* take you, Mr. Lace, *hiccup* to be *hiccup*...).

3.  I've been walking into beds, tables, chairs, etc. I don't know if I'm being extra uncareful or if my depth perception is off.  My legs are covered in bumps and bruises.  I burned my hand on my flat iron this morning.  And the other day, I was walking toward Starbucks and right before I got to the door, my shoe lost traction and I slipped and fell on my butt.  LUCKILY, there was a man sitting outside Starbucks to laugh at me and then ask if I was okay.

4. My skin has been in pretty good condition for the past few weeks thanks to drinking lots of water and eating less dairy.  But, today, two monsters appeared. They're looming under the surface, just waiting for my wedding day to roll around!

5. The tension headaches can be expected I guess.  I've been immersed in wedding details, emails and finishing last minute stuff, but then came my grandfather's passing and Mr. Lace going out of town twice this week and I realized that I'd have to do a lot of these details on my own.  So far my old friends Tylenol and Excedrin have NOT been helpful.

I know that life can be unpredictable, but I was hoping that we wouldn't have so many extra things to deal with before the wedding!  Do you have any pre-wedding surprises or unanticipated issues?

No comments:

Post a Comment