Saturday, May 8, 2010

My First Time...

Hey, hey, hey... get your mind out of the gutter.  We're not talking about that thing, that thing, tha-at thiiiinnng (Lauryn Hill, anyone?).

Anyway, although I'm an avid wedding blog reader and magazine reader, I hadn't attended any wedding shows.  I signed up for one way back when, but ended up not being able to make it so I gave my tickets away.  I didn't know what to expect and had a vague picture in my head of tables with vendors showcasing their services or goods.

Well, last week, only two months out from my wedding, I had the opportunity to attend my very first wedding show! I was really excited about seeing what these wedding shows were all about.  I enlisted one of my engaged friends to come with me to The Wedding Salon so I wouldn't be lonely.

First off , it was at a swanky West Hollywood hotel called The London that I'd normally never set foot in.


We navigated ourselves through the traffic to West Hollywood. I was a little overwhelmed when we got out of the car in the valet line because there were so many brides walking around.  No one had a veil on, but I could just tell they were brides because they had notebooks and folders in hand that I'm sure held precious to-do lists, notes and wedding information.  

We checked in and got a program and gift bag ticket.  Score! A gift bag! The lady who gave it to us said we might want to get the gift bag at the end because it was heavy.  Double score! A HEAVY gift bag! :)  We began walking around and there were tons of vendors with their services and goods displayed just like I imagined....sort of.  I didn't imagine the services and goods to look like THIS:

All photos courtesy of Focus Photography, Inc.



Oh! Look at that jewel!


I also tried a slice of red velvet cake with buttercream filling and chocolate cupcake that were delish. I was tempted to pull these off the display when no one was looking. 


This was one of my favorite vendors.  They had a cake, cupcake and dessert bar display in green, pink and white.  It's hard to see, but on the top of this cake are two little love birds in brown. In that folder on the table were some of the cutest cupcakes I'd ever seen.  They had a cupcake with a little bamboo container of shumai with chopsticks.  They also had one with sushi and chopsticks. 


I would've eaten ALL of these if at all possible.  





And THIS over-the-top gorgeousness.  I've seen a couple of peacock themed weddings, but this display was seriously SO stunning.  Also notice the huge white flowers on the column behind. If it wasn't too late to make those, I'd find a way to incorporate those larger than life flowers.



And last, but not least.  For the most part, when I make a wedding decision, I'm pretty happy with it and even when I see other ideas, I won't feel a thing.  However, when it comes to wedding dresses, I swear, I see another dress I love every month.  I love my dress, I really do, but could I have another one....or three? :)  That one in the middle was gorgeous.  I must have come around to look at that dress three times during the time that I was there.

I was so happy that I went and got to see what the current and upcoming wedding trends were.  Even though it's a bit too late for me, I just wanted to be in the know!  I'd totally suggest that you visit The Wedding Salon if they come to your town.  It was inspiring and the excitement you feel there can help reinvigorate any bride that is in a wedding planning lull.  

And no, I didn't forget to stop by to pick up my gift bag!  Sorry hive, I was so excited that as soon as I got home, I went through everything and began using all of the items in my gift bag so I forgot to take a picture, but I DID get Smashbox luminizing primer, an eyeshadow trio, a lip gloss palette, three different chapsticks, a heart-shaped stress ball, pen, a book with leading hotels of the world, lots of coupons and offers and a DOZEN wedding magazines which totally replenished my depleted supply of wedding mags.

Do you have any bridal show experiences to share with the hive? 

No comments:

Post a Comment