Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Think of the Children!

I've heard that there are some weddings where children aren't allowed to attend for various reasons.  I remember my brother once being invited to a wedding where children weren't allowed and Mr. Lace and I got to babysit my nephew.  However, for us, that was never an issue.  We love children and know lots of families so we couldn't imagine NOT having children at our wedding.  

In fact, in our RSVP's, we were surprised that some families chose NOT to bring their children with them to our wedding.  Regardless, we'll have about 30 children at our wedding and as a teacher, I know that planning ahead makes a world of difference. I'd prefer not to have bored children or worse yet, children running amuck at our venue.  So, I decided to follow in the footsteps of many wise brides and make an activity book for the children attending our wedding.  I COULD have downloaded the many activity books that are out there in the Internet, but that would be way too easy.  I HAD to make my own. 

The cover:

Hopefully, some kind soul sitting with the child will play a few rounds of tic-tac-toe with them. 


My students LOVE word searches so I had to throw one in.

A word unscramble for those who like rearranging words.

I'm sure you noticed some coloring pages interspersed in there.  I'll explain the plethora of Disney coloring pages in an upcoming post...if you haven't figured it out already! :) In addition to the activity book, I included Mad Libs for older kids as well as crayons and a pencil.

Are you inviting kids to the wedding? Do you plan to have any activities especially for the kiddos?


No comments:

Post a Comment