Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Hair-y Dilemma: SOLVED!

As I shared in my last post, I was going to see my lovely hair and makeup artist, Kelly Zhang.  As I reflected, I realized that my fear of going to do my bridal trial really stemmed from my fear that I wouldn't look my best on my wedding day.

Lately, I've been stressing over how I look. Am I alone in this? I've been noticing how my makeup pretty much falls off my face after an hour or so of wearing it, how imperfect my skin is, how my hair isn't long enough even though I've been growing it out since August... and my wedding day is supposed to be one of the biggest days of my life. I'm supposed to look magical.  Scratch that. I WANT to look magical.  But how could I with all these imperfections?! Does anyone have a magic wand handy?

Now, I know everyone one is secretly (or not-so-secretly) insecure about SOMETHING, but my insecurities were reaching an all time high.  So, armed with my photos and ideas, I went to see Kelly for her to work her magic.

I pulled up to her chic salon in Pasadena and this is what beheld my eyes:




 























(all personal photos)


The white, purple and black decor were SO chic.  Walking into her shop made me feel confident about her style and abilities.  She sat me down and offered me ice tea since she could tell I was really hot from rushing out from work to make it to our appointment on time.  I showed her my photos and began describing what I liked and didn't like and she totally understood.  Being a blogger and blog reader, she understood how styles have changed and are changing.  By the way, did I mention that she used to be a model and did makeup and hair for runway shows? Okay, I feel confident that she might be able to do something with little ole me.

It was so much fun chatting it up with her while she did my hair and makeup.  It's so nice when you can really connect with a vendor. Afterwards, she snapped photos for me. Ready girls?




So the top left is after a long day of work with the kids.  The second and third are my low updo/the oxymoron.






























The first one is the side do. My hair is a little on the short side for this one right now, but will be ready in time for the big day. The second is a side shot of the low updo/the oxymoron with my fascinator.

Here's a sideshot of the low updo/the oxymoron without my fascinator. I actually really liked it without the fascinator since the hair was interesting enough.  Anyone interested in an extra fascinator?! :\

Kelly's got the magic!  My face looks clean and natural which was what I really wanted. I barely felt like I had anything on my face at all.  My hair turned out better than I thought!  She sent me to home to contemplate which hairdo I wanted for the wedding day.

When I got home, I took some more photos of myself.





Did you get along well with any of your vendors? And which 'do do you think I should do?

No comments:

Post a Comment