Monday, April 26, 2010

A Hair-y Dilemma

Hello ladies (and gents?).  Tomorrow is the big day...that's right. My hair and makeup trial.  Can I tell you? I'm completely petrified.  No, no, not of my fabulous hair and makeup artist Kelly Zhang.  She did my hair and makeup for my engagement photos and I loved it.  I literally went in with no pictures and no make up and told her I wanted my hair "down..or up..or what do you think will look good?"  She is a miracle worker.  I would be completely mortified to post my before and after from that session because I literally woke up and walked in.  But, petrified that I am not as good-looking as the picture perfect brides below!

When I contacted Kelly to schedule my trial, I was thinking I'd go in, tell her "I want it up" or "I want it down" and that would be the end of that.  But, she asked me to bring in some photos of hair and makeup that I liked and a picture of me in my dress so she could try to style my overall look.  So, I began looking.

Can I just say that there are a LOT of wedding hair photos out there?  So many that I would start looking and after about an hour, my eyes would glaze over and I'd have to turn off the computer.

So, after a LOT of looking here are my inspiration photos:

1. The low, side, wavy, ponytail-y thing
I like that this will partially cover the wide and vast expanse of skin from my strapless dress. I don't like the side ponytails that are tight, but rather loose and wavy.







2. The Low Updo aka the Oxymoron
Now, if I did a low updo, I'd like the one of the bridesmaid in the photo above or these below. Loose, soft and relaxed.







3. Riding the Fence with a Half-up do
I really had a hard time finding a half up style I loved.  I like the concept of the loose waves in both of these photos, but don't love the big bump. Maybe a mini bump?




My appointment is today so I'll be posting my trials soon.  Wish me luck!

What are you planning on doin' with your hair?  Did your hair and makeup trial turn out well?

No comments:

Post a Comment