Thursday, April 8, 2010

On Michael's and Men

I love Michael's. I really do.  But lately, I've gotten a little sick of it just because I've been going so often...mmm, like one to two times a week? Except for last Saturday when I went to six different Michael's. Don't ask.



Anyways, onto the topic at hand.  The first time I took Mr. Lace to Michael's to look for supplies we needed for the wedding, he was in awe at the items they sold there.  After that trip, he said, "so that's why you spend so much time there."  Once I sent him to Michael's to pick up some Zips.  I could envision exactly which aisle it was in, but had to describe it to him.  After guiding him to the adhesive aisle (in between the stamps and craft punches and the paints! No! You went to far.  It you see the vases, you've gone too far!) and describing the box, he successfully purchased the Zips I so desperately needed.
I actually felt really bad that he went for me, but I only got to see the conversation from my point of view...until today!

Today, I stopped by Michael's to pick up yet another craft item I needed for the wedding. As I was walking down the aisle (haha..not yet ladies!), I saw a man on his cell phone walking up and down the aisles and you could hear the exasperation in his voice.  A few minutes later, we wound up in the same aisle.  I eavesdropped as I was looking at beads.  He was looking at bags of beads with letters on them - you know, the type kids use to make bracelets with their names on them. This is the one-sided conversation that ensued:

Yes, I'm looking at them. There's a bunch.
...
They're like boxes.
...
Yes, like cubes. Isn't that the same thing?
...
Okay. Yes, they have letters on them.
...
Uhh...(looking carefully at the bag) I don't see numbers, but there are 500 beads in this bag. It's kind of hard to tell.
...
No, I think they're all capitals.
...
No, they don't have lowercase letters.
...
Yes, all capitals (sounding exasperated).
...
Okay, so should I just buy these (sounding like he wanted to leave)?
...
They're colored (sounding a bit upset).
...
Like pink, blue, green, yellow, orange. All the colors!
...
Okay, so I'm just going to buy these.
...
Like, 1/4" or something?
...
Yes, I have a coupon.
...
It's 50% off.
...
Okay.
...
Okay.
...
Bye.

I had to quickly leave after that because I was beginning to crack up. Poor guy.  I wonder if Mr. Lace felt the same way when I sent him to Michael's looking for a needle in a haystack!

Did you send your guy to do something that was new to him?

No comments:

Post a Comment