Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Other Invites

After planning our rehearsal dinner at Lucille's, I took a short break from thinking about the rehearsal. I have this bad habit of thinking, "I can do this later."  However, with about two months left to go before the wedding, I don't really have too many "laters" left, yanno? 


With many more DIY projects still left to do, I considered a couple of low maintenance invitation options instead of making invitations. Due to budget constraints, printing invites was out of the question.


1. Evite: My friends and I use Evite ALL the time for parties or any kind of get together. It's convenient and keeps track of your RSVP's for you. I could probably do this with a few simple clicks and be done with it especially since my address book is already loaded up on Evite.


2. Paperless Post: This is the HQ* version of Evite. They have fine stationery invitations and they also allow you track your guest list. The first 25 invites are free when you sign up and after that there's a small cost for each invite.   


We have about 55 guests for the rehearsal dinner, but after counting the actual number of invitations we'd need to send, it was a mere 25!  That was much more do-able than I thought so I decided to whip something up that was super simple and easy to reproduce.  They're nothing fancy, but a little nicer than sending an invitation by e-mail.  All personal photos below.








The first card tells about the rehearsal. The second about dinner.  All RSVP's are going to be via e-mail. 


The concept here was like a book card envelope like you see in libraries. 


Voila! Nothing fancy, but my conscience rests a little easier knowing that people are getting an actual invitation in the mail for our rehearsal dinner. I'm sure it would've been fine to send an Evite or invite via Paperless Post (I've received a few myself that way), but this invite was simple, clean and really easy to do.  How are you sending rehearsal dinner invitations?


*HQ - high quality. In college, my friends and I would use it to refer to anything or anyone that was high maintenance or bourjeois.

No comments:

Post a Comment