Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Brothers and Sisters

Mr. Lace has a sister who is four years older than him and I have a brother who is six years older. Our older siblings watched over and took care of us while growing up and even now, keep watchful eyes over us.  They're so important to us, yet they really aren't involved in the ceremony or reception in anyway. I considered have Brother Lace walk me down the aisle, but I didn't want to deny my parents that responsibility (although Momma Lace declined because she hates being stared at so she'll walk in with Brother Lace and stand for the giving of the bride).  

So, how are we going to involved Brother Lace and SIL Lace? We're not sure yet. We've considered these options.

1. Toasts: Early on in the game, Brother Lace asked if he could make a toast which totally made my cry. So he's doing this. SIL Lace is welcome to also, although I'm not sure that she'd want to.  

2. Some other kind of presentation during the reception. Maybe a Top 5 to-do list for Brother Lace to present to Mr. Lace and SIL Lace to present to me filled with funny stories from growing up.

3. Scripture reading during the ceremony: However, the verse we picked is pretty short so it wouldn't really make sense to divvy it up.  Plus, SIL Lace isn't really religious.

We're still brainstorming ideas and trying to come up with something that will involve them in some special way on that day. How are you involving your siblings in your wedding day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment