Thursday, April 1, 2010

To Look or Not to Look

Sorry for the brief hiatus, but I had spring break so Mr. Lace and I took a mini-vacay to Phoenix and Las Vegas with his sister. We are back and wedding planning was supposed to be in full swing as soon as we returned. 

Well, we returned and I turned on my computer and Mr. Lace fell asleep in the middle of going over the day of schedule. I would get mad except that he spent the past 8 days driving around all over the place so I will give him his nap while I blog!

Anyway, as I was going over the schedule, there so many decisions to be made.  Between "hair and makeup with Kelly" and "say goodbye to guests,"  there are a few things that need to be happening.  

Decision #1: The First Look

When I first explained the idea of the first look to Mr. Lace, there was complete silence.

Me: So, I have our first look at 1:30 p.m.
Mr. Lace: Okay.
Me: Do you know what that means?
Mr. Lace: No. Do I need to do something?
Me: Well, we will meet up before we take photos with the bridal party so we can see each other for the first time on our wedding day.
Mr. Lace: So, I'll go pick you up?
Me: No, we'll meet at the hotel and have Hanssie take photos of us seeing each other for the first time.
Mr. Lace: Oh. (silence)  So wait, Hanssie is going to take photos of us looking at each other? Isn't that weird? Do we need to do that?
Me:  Well, would you rather see each other for the first time with Hanssie or in front of Hanssie and all the bridesmaids and groomsmen? 
Mr. Lace: (calculating the pairs of eyes that will be on him)...Uh, okay, we should probably do that with just Hanssie.


It wasn't much of a question for me because I would love to have a private moment together (well as private as it'll get that day since we did pay our photographer to follow us the whole day) before we see other people.  And how could I resist after looking at this:



Are you taking a first look or not? How did you decide?

No comments:

Post a Comment