Thursday, March 25, 2010

Taking a Moment

Today, while I was surrounded by scraps of fabric, thread and beads galore, I got an IM from Mr. Lace.  Now, he's not really the romantic type, but I am, so that's always been a struggle for us...for me to not expect picture perfection like in chick flicks and for him to find opportunities to offer romantic gestures that are completely out of his comfort zone.  So, amidst my frustration and stress in finishing up the hair flowers for my BM's and to move onto the next project, his IM made me stop and take a moment.


I poured hours into our wedding website and although he liked it, he never said much about it.  But his IM today said, "I just wanted to let you know that the wedding website is really great. You did such a good job on it. You made a good choice for the music and every time I come back and reread the stories, all these moments come to life again."


Sigh. So, while I was sitting in the middle of a huge fabric mess, I was reminded why I am going through all this trouble.  



Did you have any moments that reminded you of why you're wedding planning?

No comments:

Post a Comment