Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Wedding Planning Lull

Many engaged folks that I talked to tell me that the beginning and end of wedding planning is the busiest.  In the middle, they hit a lull where they didn't do anything for a month or two.  I thought to myself, That's not going to happen to us. I am a go-getter, a worry wart and non-procrastinator.  Yet, these past four weeks, after passing out invitations, we really haven't done any major wedding related tasks.  In fact, I didn't even realize that we were in a bit of a lull.

UNTIL...

I went to look at my registry and it said that there are 112 days left until the wedding. 112?! I quickly made a new to-do list.  My wedding to-do list from now until June is four pages long.  That quickly made me come out of my wedding planning lull.

First, I flipped out and wondered if I would be able to finish everything in time.  I could feel the stress creeping up into my shoulders. Mr. Lace said to me, "calm down. It'll all get done."  I showed him the list. He agreed, that we should do something on the list today.  Then, I organized my list to figure out what I should tackle first.  Then, I blogged about it. :) And now, I am off to wedding plan.

Did you hit a wedding plan lull? What did you do to get out of it?

1 comment:

  1. Let me know if you need help! For reals I'll come do wedding projects with you. :)

    michelle (duckling) @ blissful musings
    http://www.blissfulmusings.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete