Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bridesmaid Lovin'

Everyone struggles with what to get for their bridesmaids. I couldn't decide if I wanted to just get them one big thing or put together a little "basket" for the day of.  I found a happy compromise and just finished their gifts.  Here's what they're getting.

Oh yes, Lace bridesmaids, please stop reading here.  Come back tomorrow.

Are you gone yet?

Here we go, hive, now that the bridesmaids are gone.

I started out with a day of survival kit.


It includes:

  • a Starbucks gift card since they have to get up so early that morning
  • tissue to clean up after themselves
  • a Shout wipe in case of any spillage
  • a pack of gum so their mouths feel fresh.  By the way, my friend and day of coordinator, Priscilla introduced me to this Trident gum. It's green apple and golden pineapple and like a party in your mouth!



It also includes:

  • a sewing kit in case anything comes apart (I've heard of a groomsman whose pants split during photos and had to find a tailor to fix it because there was no sewing kit!)
  • a tube of Kiehl's lip balm #1 in Pear in case their lips are chapped (one of my favorite brands)
  • a pack of Q-tips to wipe away any stray makeup
  • a pack of blotting sheets to ward off midday shine
  • a pack of bobby pins to keep everything in place
I wrapped it up in a cello bag (20 for $2 at Target) and made a little topper to close the bag up neatly.


The survival kit, flip flops and Anthropologie necklace are going in a monogrammed bag from Land's End.


I've been toying with the idea of a pashminas or a cardigan to wear in our wedding photos, but it will depend on if I have time to shop for them.  So for now, this is it. 

What are you getting your bridesmaids?

No comments:

Post a Comment