Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I Heart My Bridesmaids

My bridesmaid has been awesome and supportive, but I think it's because I haven't asked them to tie a thousand bows or cut a million sheets of paper and fold...yet.  Oh, just you wait girls!

However, with boxes of jewelry from J.Crew, my almost finished sash and dress in hand, I was at a complete loss with my total look for the day. Which bracelet? Which pair of earrings? What direction should the sash go?  I had been staring at everything so long that I didn't feel like I could make a good decision anymore. I needed help...desperately!
(personal photo)

I decided to ask MOH Lace (you may have seen her around as a commenter named Best Friend Lace) and BM Lace-dini (her dad's a magician) over to my place to give me a hand. I decided early on that if I asked anyone to help me with wedding stuff, I would make sure they were fed. So, we began with this:
(personal photo)

Don't judge me. It's about 100 days to the wedding and I have NO qualms having me animal style cheeseburger.  I would've had my own fries if MOH Lace hadn't been watching out and asked to share.

After stuffing our faces, I slipped into my dress and put on the sash to see how it looked and if I needed to change things around.  If you've been following me, I said I wouldn't reveal my dress, but I changed my mind. :) What do you think?!

(personal photo)

Is that sauce on my face? :) Anyway, they adjusted the sash to the right, then to the left, then to the middle and then flipped it upside down. I'm holding it because we didn't want to wrinkle the satin just yet.

(personal photo)

Here's a close up of the sash. The fabrics ended up coming together pretty well.

We were also trying to choose between the necklace, bracelet and earrings which you probably can't see here. However, I did decide on a bracelet and earrings. I'm back on the search for a gold colored necklace that isn't too heavy or chunky looking. So, the night ended and I knew what I needed to return, what I needed to purchase and what I was ready to put away until the big day!

I haven't tried on my dress for several months and my dress feels a little tighter than when I first purchased it so I guess I should cut out the cheeseburgers and the dessert we decided to eat afterwards. :) Okay, I promise to eat healthier starting...NOW!
(personal photo)

Did your fabulous bridesmaids help you make decisions that you were having a hard time with?

No comments:

Post a Comment