Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I Love Johnny Depp

Okay, the title has very little relevance to what this post is actually about, but I felt like I needed to proclaim this to the world. :)


Has anyone seen Alice in Wonderland yet? I'll say it again, I love Johnny Depp and I think Helena Bonham Carter is such a good villain (wasn't she an awesome Bellatrix LeStrange?). I've seen a couple of Alice in Wonderland inspired bridal showers and LOVED them. They're so whimsical and fun.

I'm not planning any bridal showers soon, BUT every month my school takes turns doing "treats" for the entire staff. It's usually good food and no decorations, but we wanted to do a little something that would spruce our drab workroom up a bit.  February was my month so the three teachers I was working with indulged me and threw Valentine's Day and Alice in Wonderland inspired treats.

We had fondue, tea sandwiches, sparkling lemonade, hummus and pita chips, brownies, cake, veggies and dip, quiche, etc. It was DE-LISH. In the excitement of eating, I completely forgot to take pictures of the food. Here are a few personal photos of the tables. It's definitely not anything fantastic since we did it in the workroom/teacher's lounge, but it was fun anyway.  Please excuse all of our supplies, photocopiers and butcher paper in the background.



See a familiar face in there?





Then, yesterday, while doing my regular perusing-of-the-blogs, I found these! I wish I threw a party like this!




Are you throwing or having a themed shower? Is there something you would love your bridesmaids to do? Share your fabulous ideas and let my bridesmaids steal them from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment