Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Worry Wart

I know that I get stressed too easily.  But, sometimes, it's embarrassing how much I think and worry about wedding related stuff. My current worry?

RSVP's.  We sent out a really early first round because our venue/caterer is on the pricey side so we need to stick as closely to 225 as we possibly can. An extra table of 10 people is $1,600.  We sent out 247 invitations. Our first RSVP deadline is March 28, 2010. Of the 247, 113 have said yes and 21 have said no.  That puts us at 226, which makes me very happy.

However, we also can't go under 225 since that's our guaranteed minimum. So if we receive 113 more yes RSVP's, we're cool. If we don't, we get to go into our second round of invites.  However, what if these 113 people don't respond on time? I'd like to give our second round of invites ample time to respond as well.

So, I know, I'm thinking too far ahead because I have been getting more RSVP's in the past few days as we approach the deadline, but do I ask people? Do I write them a personal e-mail asking if they're coming? Do I send out a mass e-mail to remind people to RSVP? I don't want to be rude, but I need to know!

What would you do? Have you had any RSVP worries?

No comments:

Post a Comment